The Hertfordshire Young Cultural Ambassadors programme is a youth leadership programme co-funded by the Royal Opera House Bridge working in partnership with Sir John Lawes and The Wroxham Teaching Schools, their school alliances and local cultural partners in Hertfordshire. HertsCreation Community Interest Company manages the project. Now in its second year, the Herts YCA programme will work with 10 schools and up to 12 young people in each school during the 2014-2015 academic year. The programme aims to deepen relationships between young people and arts and cultural organisations in Hertfordshire.
We would like to hear from venue-based arts and cultural organisations seeking to build stronger links with schools and young people.
- In the Autumn or Spring terms, can you ‘open your doors’ to offer ambassadors a tour of your venue, give a short talk about what you do and how you work?
- Could you link this YCA visit to an existing workshop or programme that YCAs can participate in?
- Do you have a young person or families offer that you would like publicise through this visit?
Please note that to aid participation all Open Door events should be free or low cost to schools and YCAs.
What’s in it for you?
YCAs will tell their school and community about your cultural offer. They will actively encourage their teachers, peers and families to visit your venue by undertaking a blog post on the HertsYCA website and an assembly at their school. YCAs may seek to develop a longer-term partnership between your venue and their school.
What do you need to do?
- Select 3 to 5 dates and times between November 3 and 2 April 2015 when you could host a visit by a YCA school group and their lead teacher.
- State your venue’s name, address and details of how to book including a contact name and maximum number of guests you can host.
- Give brief information about your work and the sort of experience YCAs can expect when they visit you.
- What else can you offer? Please give information on any other offers you wish to make to YCAs and schools involved in the programme. This can include information on existing programmes of work and key dates that you wish to publicise to audiences.
Email information to Alex@hertscreation.com including ‘Open Doors’ in the subject line. Do get in touch if you would like more information about the programme or have other ideas about how you and your organization would like to be involved.
Deadline for submissions Monday 6 October 2014